Javier Aguirre - As I mentioned earlier, the psychological element plays an important role, taking into account the fact that we are dealing with human groups made up of twenty individuals. I couldn´t say a specific working percentage ratio, however, it is definitely an important aspect. Nowadays, football is a very evenly-matched game throughout the world, therefore it is very important to get the most out of the performance of your group by focusing on aspects such as motivation.
Javier Aguirre - Everyone must be very clear on the fact that you can only reach a common goal by having all involved pushing in the same direction. We all know that football is a team sport, and therefore, personal objectives must always be superseded by a common goal. Football players must be very clear on this. I believe that the majority of them already have this idea very clearly defined, given that they are professionals that have been taking part in this sport for many years. In any case, all players must realize that only by working together with one common objective can this be achieved.
- 1998-99 - Winter Championship with Pachuca, Mexican League
- 2001-02 - Qualification to 2002 World Cup, Mexican National team
- 2005-06 - Copa del Rey Final Copa and UEFA Cup qualification Osasuna
- 2005-06 - Champions League qualification with Osasuna
- 2006-07 - Named ¨Best Football Manager of the Year in Spain¨
- 2008-09 - Qualification to Champions League with Atlético de Madrid (after a twelve-year absence for the club)
- 2009-10 - Qualification to the 2010 World Cup, Mexican National team